Mackenzie Cairn - located along Shaftesbury Trail this rock cairn was built in 1929 to honor explorer Sir Alexander Mackenzie.
Fort Fork - located across the river from Mackenzie Cairn, the flag shows the location of the original fort, which was erected in 1792 for the North West Company. Sir Alexander Mackenzie wintered at Fort Fork in 1792. David Thompson also wintered here in 1802. The fort was abandoned in 1805 and has since been almost completed eroded by the river. The cairn to commemorate Fort Fork was erected on River Lot 19 in 1929, on land donated by Joseph Neff.
St. Augustine Mission - located along Shaftesbury Trail on River Lot 22, this Catholic Mission originated in 1888 when the missionaries first came to the Peace country to evangelize and educate the natives. Alongside the mission is an old cemetery. This site is located within the Provincial Correctional Centre and requires permission to enter onto the site.
Anglican Mission Site - established on River Lot 11 in 1886, all that remains now is a small cemetery.
Shaftesbury Ferry - ride across the river on a working ferry, which is accessed at approximately River Lot 3 along the Shaftesbury Trail. The ferry operates during daylight hours (7 a.m. to 11 p.m.) and there is no charge to cross the river on it.
Wilderness Park - located on a quarter section 7 miles west of Peace River, this day-use area has picnic tables, fire pits, outhouses (wheelchair accessible) and several man-made ponds stocked with rainbow trout and grayling. The ponds both have docks for fishing from; however, boats or swimming are not allowed. There is also firewood available in season, but there are no garbage receptacles. Hiking trails meander through the park, allowing one to view birds and wildlife in their natural habitat. Dogs are welcome, on-leash if rowdy. Park closes at 11:00 p.m.
Lac Cardinal Pioneer Village Museum - located near the entrance to Queen Elizabeth Provincial Park, this museum represents life in the 1920's and 1940's. Four homes, a hall, Municipal office, school, barn, pole sheds, church, blacksmith shop, railway station, barbershop, general store and bakery, all furnished, depict pioneering life in this area. Open daily except Wednesday, late May to mid-September from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. No admissions fees, donations are accepted.
The church is available during the summer for weddings and the hall may be used for family or group activities. No charge is made for their use, again donations are accepted.
Tours of the site may be arranged for groups or school children. Phone the Secretary at 780-332-2197 or the President at 780-332-1399.
Annual Pioneer Day held on the 2nd Saturday in August includes: pancake breakfast, beef on a bun, pies, demonstrations of sawmill, shingle mill, planer, threshing, horse and wagon rides, children's races and musical entertainment.
An Old Fashioned Christmas is held in December with a pancake breakfast, wiener roast, hot chocolate and cookies. Activities include a sliding hill for the children and making of ornaments and tree decorating in the school. A church service, musical entertainment, and horse and sleigh rides are provided.
In February, in conjunction with the Pond Hockey Tournament, a Family Day pancake breakfast is held. Other activities provided by the Town of Grimshaw Community Services Board include sleigh rides to the tournament located on the lake, hot chocolate, cookies and the sliding hill.
"No Services" camping is available at the M.D. of Peace Campground adjacent to the Museum site for a daily fee of $10.00.
Brownvale Agricultural Museum - located on the south edge of the Hamlet of Brownvale, this museum displays many agricultural artifacts and machinery from the early pioneering days in this area, as well as a mechanical bull and cowboy, originally commissioned for Expo '86.